The Foundation represents a public commitment to dialogue, creativity and common sense in order to foster development that is just, humane, sustainable and peaceful.
The Foundation has its headquarters in Barcelona and is responsible for the following:
Regarding the organization of the Universal Forum of Cultures
- developing the Universal Forum of Cultures as a third generation of international events and as an arena for improving global coexistence
- safeguarding the brand and values of the Forum event, as well as the quality of the program and organisation
- coordinating the selection process for candidate cities to host future Forum events.
- supporting and following up the organisation and programming of the Forums
- fostering the organisation of pre-Forum activities in coordination with the host city.
Regarding the Forum's legacy
- promoting the legacies, ideas and values that result from each Forum, with a special focus on the Millennium Development Goals
- managing the United Nations Global Compact Barcelona Center
- permanently organizing Dialogues in Barcelona
- organizing the Peace Camp every year
- publishing the main ideas and best practices resulting from each Forum edition